Friday, 4 August 2017 UP ORIENTATION DAYS
So… you've decided to come to the University of Primorska and move to the Slovenian coastile.
No worries, we are here to help!
Join us a few days before the start of the semesterand learn how to survive here as a student!
Between Thursday, 28 September and Saturday, 30 September, we are organizing Orientation days for all new UP students from abroad!
We highly recommend that you attend, as you will:
- Learn about the university and the area
- Learn about the administrative procedures you need to do when moving to Slovenia
- See what you can do as a studen t besides studying (where to eat, where to party, and where to spend your free time)
- Meet fellow students
- Meet tutors
- Meet faculty members, professors, researchers
- Meet international officers
- Meet the Student Organisation of the University of Primorska
- Learn about the study and research at the University of Primorska
Thursday, 28 September 2017:
- FIRST STEPS IN PRIMORSKA - Start at 2 pm
- Welcome at the University of Primorska
- About Slovenia, the region, and interesting spots
- Practical information important for your stay
- Excursion around faculties, including bus to Portorož
- Fair – present your own country*
- Party in Portorož
Friday, 29 September 2017:
- GETTING TO KNOW THE FACULTY - Start at 10 am
- Meeting with programme study coordinators, faculty members, and departments
- Discussions on expectations
- European researchers' night – a chance to see research equipment, meet researchers, and learn about UP's research
Saturday, 30 September 2017:
- USEFUL TIPS AND TRICKS - Start at 10 am
- Crash Slovenian course
- Socializing time
Sunday, 1 October 2017:
- RELAXATION BEFORE WE START
- Free time
Monday, 2 October 2017:
- 1, 2, 3, GO!
- Before noon: Faculty receptions• 11 am: rector's reception of all freshmen
The exact programme will be sent to you via e-mail before your arrival!
IMPORTANT ==> Confirm your participation at email@example.com, so that we can plan the event accordingly before 31 August 2017!
*Bring food and drinks that represent your country and anything else you believe would help others understand where you are coming from. Be creative!
More information: contact your faculty international office and/or student office.