Library and Publishing Activityprint
Dear library users,
We would like to inform you that during the closing of the library we enable the collection and return of reserved / borrowed material in front of the side entrance of the main building UP FAMNIT on Glagoljaška 8. You reserve the material by prior reservation in the COBISS My Library system. After the reservation has been processed, you will receive an e-mail notification that the material is ready for collection. Acceptance or return is possible every Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 10:00 and 12:00 or by prior arrangement to the e-mail address email@example.com or telephone number 05 6117 572. Users are asked to call 05 6117 572 before collection or return and carry an identity document or a valid student identification card. Students who are unable to return materials due to restrictions on the passage of municipalities are asked to contact the library before the return date expires.
Any changes to the operation of the library will be published online.
Thank you for your understanding.
Library TeMeNa is a higher education library for technological sciences, medicine and natural sciences, which started operating in October 2008 within the Faculty of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Information Technologies (UP FAMNIT) and the Primorska Institute of Natural and Technical Sciences Koper (UP PINT) of the University of Primorska (in January In 2012, the institute was renamed the Andrej Marušič Institute of the University of Primorska). UP FAMNIT and UP IAM provide shared Library functions for technology, medicine and natural sciences. The library is intended to meet the informational, educational, scientific and research needs of students, teachers and other employees at UP FAMNIT and UP IAM. It is also open to all interested external users. Library services are provided in accordance with the Library and the relevant byelaws. The library acquires, processes and rents library materials primarily in the fields of natural sciences, technology, medicine and psychology. Library loans are managed via the COBISS system.
Reference Service Ask a Librarian
Opening hours changes
Changes of opening hours are posted in Student news section on the faculty website.
TEMENA opening hours
- Monday: 9.00 – 15.00,
- Tuesday: 11.00 – 17.00,
- Wednesday: 9.00 – 15.00,
- Thursday: 11.00 – 17.00,
- Friday: 9.00 – 15.00.
Online guides: COBISS+top
The clip below shows the process of registration in the COBISS virtual library, an overview of the borrowed and reserved material and a password change. To register, select the desired library (UPUK - 6 - University of Primorska University Library - TEMENA Library), enter the card number and password. The card number is written on the notice that you receive when you borrow the material. You can also log in with the student card number as shown in the clip. The password is assigned when you first join the library.
The clip below shows the search for library material, reservation and review of the profile, where loans and reservations are displayed (tab My library or My shelf). After the reservation, the user receives an e-mail notification for the pick-up.
The clip below shows an extension of the selected material and an example of the reserved material being processed and ready for collection. In the TeMeNa library we borrow material for 21 days. If the borrowed material is not reserved by another user, we provide an extension for an additional 21 days.
Remote access to e-journal and e-bookstop
Students and staff can also access the University of Primorska's databases through remote access.
Students logg in with the same username that you use for SIS / VIS.
Employees logg in with the same username as the one you use for eduroam, UNIS ...
- The American Mathematical Monthly A monthly journal covering the field of mathematics. It also provides access to the full texts of articles.
- Science An online version of the world’s central scientific journal, that provides access to full-text articles.
- MathSciNet A database with more than a million reviews and abstracts in the field of mathematics.
Online journal collections:
VIDEO EXAMPLES OF USING ELECTRONIC MAGAZINES
- APA (American Psychological Association) APA is the leading scientific professional organization in the field of psychology in the United States. The databases include PsycArticles (200,000 articles from more than 110 journals).
- EBSCOhost - Academic Search Complete Academic Search Complete is one of the largest multidisciplinary collections. It covers the fields of humanities, social sciences, natural sciences and technology. It includes bibliographic data with abstracts from articles from more than 17,000 scientific journals, journals, magazines and full-text articles from more than 8,000 titles of newspapers of some publishers such as: Blackwell, Taylor & Francis, Routledge, Springer, etc. There are also some Slovenian newspapers: Acta Chimica Slovenica, Acta Geographica Slovenica, Anthropological Notebooks, Slovenian Law Review and others. Texts are available from 1887 to the present day.
- Emerald Emerald Management 175 is intended for searching scientific and professional literature and reading articles in the fields of management, marketing, technology, education and librarianship. It includes full texts of articles from 175 scientific journals since 1994 and bibliographic data with article abstracts from 300 scientific journals in the field of management. Combines Emerald Fulltext and Emerald Management Reviews.
- JSTOR JSTOR is an archive dedicated to searching and reading the full texts of more than 1700 scientific journals in various fields such as: anthropology, archeology, economics and entrepreneurship, philosophy, music, education, linguistics and literature, mathematics, natural sciences, political science, law, sociology, art and art history, history, etc. The emphasis is mainly on older volumes of newspapers, so they are often available from the beginning of their publication. Among them is also the entire archive of the second oldest scientific journal Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society (1665-), in which the first Slovene original contributions of JV Valvasor were published in 1687, perhaps the most famous article entitled "... Description of the Wonderful Lake of Zirknitz ... "(Phil. Trans. XVI / No. 191, pp. 414-427). Furthermore, there are archives of more than a hundred newspapers that began to be published in the 19th century, more than 300 newspapers that began to be published in the first half of the 20th century, and so on. Usually, however, access to the latest volumes is not possible. Access closure is on average 2 to 3 years.
- SAGE The SAGE Journals Online collection is intended for searching professional and scientific literature and reading articles in the fields of social sciences and humanities, medicine, technology and natural sciences. It includes bibliographic data with abstracts and texts of articles from over 1000 scientific journals.
- ScienceDirect ScienceDirect is a collection of one of the world's most important publishers of e-journals. In terms of content, it covers all professional fields with an emphasis on natural sciences, technology and medicine. UP users have access to magazine titles from Freedom Collection, which contains almost all ScienceDirect journals - approx. 2,300 titles.
- Springer Link It covers various professional fields: biomedical, natural and technical sciences, business sciences and economics, humanities, psychology, sociology, law, etc. Most of the full texts of articles from e-journals have been available since 1997, and since February 2005 the service has been gradually supplemented by free access to bibliographic data with abstracts of articles from the beginning of the publication of journals. Full texts of books (presented and reviewed by chapters) published in English language after 2005, are also available.
- Taylor and Francis Online Taylor and Francis Online collection offers search and reading of full-text articles from around 2,200 scientific and professional electronic journals: Science & Technology Library (S&T Library): 535 journals in the fields of natural sciences and technology (biology, environment, chemistry, mechanical engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics and physics). Social Science & Humanities Library (SSH Library): 1,473 journals in the field of social sciences and humanities (anthropology, archeology, art, economics, law, education, geography, librarianship, information science, culturology, communication, social work, political science, international relations, psychology, sociology, tourism, sports, security studies). Medical Library (MED Library): 201 journals in the field of medicine (public health, clinical psychiatry, neuroscience, general medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, toxicology). The journals cover the fields of librarianship and information sciences, economics, veterinary medicine, religion, art, construction, architecture, political science, education, sociology, biology, psychology, mathematics, chemistry, physics, etc. Full texts have been available mostly since 1997
- Willey Online Library The journals of the Wiley Online Library cover various fields of science, medicine, chemistry, physics, mathematics, electrical engineering, informatics, mechanical engineering, construction, economics, etc. The full texts of the articles are mostly available from 1996 onwards.
Online book collections:
- Ebrary The content of the Proquest e-books covers various scientific fields. The Ebook Central package includes approximately 120,000 books by world-renowned publishers.
Digital portal of the University of Primorskatop
Digital portal of the University of Primorska - Digital: UP is a web portal that enables a uniform search of various electronic sources ordered at the University of Primorska and a search of printed sources available in UP UK libraries. Access to the full text of the results from the subscription collections is possible for students and employees at UP from the university premises or by remote access. For remote access via Shibboleth authentication, the ArnesAAI option is selected when registering, and the University of Primorska is selected as the home organization. Students apply with their student number and password (same as in SIS / VIS). University employees use a username and password for access in the form they use e.g. for UNIS. Short instructions for using the portal are available in video format, HTML format for mobile devices and PDF format.
Detector of similar contentstop
For employees: via Arnes AAI / Shibboleth authentication you can access a detector of similar content. Employees log in with the same username and password as you use for eduroam, travel assignments and UNIS.
The repository of the University of Primorskatop
The repository of University of Primorska (RUP) is a unified entry point to electronic information resources which are created in University of Primorska or are purchased for scientific, research, proffesional and artistic purposes. Our repository currently offers electronic bachelor's, master's and doctor's degrees of some faculties of University of Primorska. We also present web editions of scientific journals, library collections and other publications which are published or co-published by University of Primorska. You can access these resources through browsing the hierarchical structure of subjects or through simple or advanced search.
UP FAMNIT in collaboration with professional societies published two international journals:
Both are open source journals and everyone, who is interested can read the articles on journals' webpages.
University of Primorska Press (ZUP) since the year 2010 takes care of the publishing and book business of UP and all its members. Its activities are primarily focused on publishing publications in which - most commonly, but not exclusively, university employees - researchers publish the results of their scientific research work and thus disseminate it to the interested public.
Here you can also find some Famnit published books: University of Primorska Press - Natural Sciences.
Study material and literaturetop
Knjižnica za tehniko, medicino in naravoslovje
Tel.: +386 5 611 75 72