Tuesday, 8 June 2021 Postdoctoral position at the University of Primorska (Koper, Slovenia) – mentor Prof. Bojan Kuzma, PhD
The Departments of Mathematics of Andrej Marusic Institute (UP IAM) and Faculty of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Information Technologies (UP FAMNIT) at the University of Primorska are seeking a top early-career researcher for a postdoctoral position.
Applicants must possess a PhD in mathematics. The project will mainly focus on Preserver Problems and the applications of graph theory in solving them. It often turns out that some universal properties within a given algebraic category are rigid in the sense that the bijections which preserve these properties are induced by isomorphisms between objects of the underlying category. One of the goals will be to study the rigidity of natural relations, such as commutativity or various relations of orthogonality on normed spaces, determine the basic invariants of the corresponding graphs and classify their homomorphisms.
The successful candidate will be part of the Departments of Mathematics at UP IAM and UP FAMNIT and will work under the guidance of Prof. Bojan Kuzma, PhD.
Terms and conditions:
- the position is for two years,
- the starting date is negotiable but preferably not later than October 1, 2021,
- the position comes with a teaching load of 1-2 courses per semester on the Mathematics study programs offered by UP FAMNIT,
- the starting gross salary is 2,286 EUR per month (net approximately 1,500 EUR per month).
Deadline and Application process
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until July 15, 2021, or until the position is filled.
Starting date: negotiable but preferably not later than October 1, 2021.
To apply, please send the following documents in the electronic form to Prof. Bojan Kuzma (email@example.com) with the subject line "UP Postdoc 2021" in the Subject field:
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Publication List,
- Research Statement,
- Copies of three recent papers of preprints,
- Names and e-mail addresses of at least three persons who can be contacted for reference (and have agreed to be contacted).
Informal inquiries should be addressed to Bojan Kuzma (firstname.lastname@example.org).