Friday, 22 May 2020 10th generation of UP FAMNIT graduates
On Friday, May 22, UP FAMNIT celebrates a new generation of graduates. Unfortunately, the graduation ceremony was canceled due to measures preventing the spread of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19). Based on instructions of the University of Primorska, we prepared a short but no less sincere video, featuring our warmest congratulations to graduates who completed their studies in the period from May 2019 to April 2020.
In this video, you will find the address of UP FAMNIT Dean, Assoc. Prof. Ademir Hujdurović, PhD, as well as the address of the rector of the University of Primorska, Prof. Klavdija Kutnar, PhD. Two students further shared their thoughts about their study experiences at the faculty: Tina Belej, graduate of the undergraduate study program in Biodiversity, and Mateja Erce, graduate of the master's study program in Applied Psychology. Furthermore, graduates shared fragments of their memories at our faculty in form of valuable photographs and the UP FAMNIT Student Council prepared a special congratulation at the end of the video.
Following the tradition, this year too, nine students received rewards of the Faculty for their outstanding study and research achievements. The reward ceremony will take place at the beginning of the next academic year.
Recipients of the Faculty rewards are:
- Petra Slavinec, Master's study program Nature Conservation, reward for research work,
- Cuauhtli Campos Mijangos, doctoral study program Computer Science, reward for the implementation of 3D printing of protective face masks,
- Nuwan Tharanga Attygalle, doctoral study program Computer Science, reward for the implementation of 3D printing of protective face masks,
- Anuradhi Maheshya Weerasinghe Arachchillage, doctoral study program Computer Science, reward for research work,
- Besfort Shala, undergraduate study program Mathematics, reward for outstanding academic achievements and successes in international competitions,
- Mateo Antonac, undergraduate study program Mathematics in Economics and Finance, reward for academic achievements,
- Sara Brglez, undergraduate study program Biopsychology, reward for important contribution to the development of extracurricular activities of the department.
Recipients of rewards for their active involvement in the development of extracurricular activities for students, based on the proposal of the UP FAMNIT Student Council:
- Amar Bapić, doctoral study program Mathematical Sciences,
- Hana Truta, undergraduate study program Mediterranean Agriculture.
We sincerely congratulate all graduates and recipients of awards and wish them success in their further study, research and careers.