Tuesday, 8 June 2021 Postdoctoral position at the University of Primorska (Koper, Slovenia): mentor Prof. István Kovács, PhD
The Department of Mathematics of Andrej Marusic Institute (UP IAM) and Faculty of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Information Technologies (UP FAMNIT) at the University of Primorska are seeking a top early-career researcher for a postdoctoral position.
Applicants must possess a PhD in mathematics. Expertise in algebraic graph theory is required. The project will investigate several key problems within algebraic graph theory, with a focus on:
- Cayley isomorphism problem;
- characterization/classification of arc-transitive Cayley graphs;
- symmetries of maps.
The successful candidate will be part of the Departments of Mathematics at UP IAM and UP FAMNIT and will work under the guidance of Prof. István Kovács, PhD.
Terms and conditions:
- the position is for two years,
- the starting date is negotiable but preferably not later than October 1, 2021,
- the position comes with a teaching load of 1-2 courses per semester on the Mathematics study programmes offered by UP FAMNIT,
- the starting gross salary is 2,286 EUR per month (net approximately 1,500 EUR per month).
Deadline and Application process
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until July 15, 2021, or until the position is filled.
Starting date: negotiable but preferably not later than October 1, 2021n.
To apply, please send the following documents in the electronic form to Prof. István Kovács (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line "UP Postdoc 2021" in the Subject field:
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Publication List,
- Research Statement,
- Copies of three recent papers of preprints,
- Names and e-mail addresses of at least three persons who can be contacted for reference (and have agreed to be contacted).
Informal inquiries should be addressed to István Kovács (email@example.com).