Tuesday, 22 November 2022 ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (»THREE-YEAR TENURE TRACK FACULTY POSITION«)
Faculty member: UP FAMNIT
The University of Primorska invites applicants for a three-year tenure track faculty position. We seek candidates with a PhD in Life Sciences (molecular biology, ecology, biology, forestry, veterinary, biochemistry etc.). Applicants with experience in wildlife genomics will have priority; postdoctoral and teaching experience are required. Work position is classified in 46th salary grade, from 1st April 2023 onward in 47th salary grade. Trial work is three (3) months. Expected starting date is February 2023.
The candidate will become member of the Molecular Ecology group at the Department of Biodiversity in the Faculty of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Information Technologies. The group uses molecular tools to investigate many different topics and species, from wildlife monitoring to adaptation, and from conservation biology to wildlife management. The group has a keen interest also in citizen science in wildlife monitoring.
A selected candidate will contribute to the management of national and international research projects and maintain and promote open science practices. The candidate will also teach a minimum of 1 course per semester, train, and supervise students. Work environment will include also international travel due to project meetings.
- A relevant university education with a completed doctoral/PhD degree and a strong potential in research.
- Experience with conducting population genomics analyses is preferred but not required.
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong ability to accomplish tasks independently.
- Teaching or supervision experience required.
Excellent spoken and written English is required.
Interested applicants are requested to send the application in electronic form to email@example.com and “Tenure-track position” in the object.
Please attach in pdf format:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the position and how you fit the description
- a CV
- a list of publications highlighting the five most relevant ones.
Application deadline: 23rd December 2022