MEASURES - adjustments to the implementation of the teaching process (from 9 March until further notice)print
Important notices for the next academic year 2020/21
Notices for this academic year 2019/20top
IMPORTANT NOTICE: change of measures at the University of Primorska from 18 May 2020
On 18 May 2020, the current measures of the University of Primorska for the prevention of the spread of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) are changing. Activities defined in the DECISION of the Rector of the University of Primorska are permitted in the university premises, which need to carried out in the manner defined in the GUIDELINES for working in the university premises during the COVID-19 epidemic.
- DECISION about the measures for the prevention of the spread of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19), 14 May 2020
- GUIDELINES for working in the university premises during COVID-19 epidemic, 24 June 2020
The guidelines in English language will be available soon. Before entering the faculty premises, please read carefully both documents (decision, instructions) and take into account all defined measures that remain in force until further notice.
Measures and general notices published until 15 May 2020
On March 8, 2020, the University of Primorska adopted a measure to cancel direct pedagogical process from March 9 to March 20, 2020, based on the instruction of the ministry, National Institute of Public Health and the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Slovenia that it is necessary to take preventive actions and measures, adopted by a particular institution to adapt to the situation in a proportionate manner. The University of Primorska has decided to take this preventive measure after considering the information provided by all the aforementioned institutions and taking into account the fact that Italy is the largest outbreak of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) in Europe, and the University of Primorska has daily interaction with Italy.
On March 12, 2020, due to the growing number of cases of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) infections, an epidemic was declared in Slovenia. The decision of the Government of the Republic of Slovenia prohibits the gathering of people in institutions in the field of education, in universities and in all independent higher education institutions from March 16 to 29, 2020. This decision does not include the preparation and the implementation of certain parts of the distance pedagogical process and the research work, which is continued with appropriate adjustments at the discretion of the management of the institution.
The Government of the Republic of Slovenia, with a new Decree on temporary ban on gathering people in educational institutions, universities and independent higher education institutions, extended the ban on gathering people in educational institutions until further notice.
Because of this, the University has taken steps to familiarize students with the announcements made by the Student Services, notices on the Faculty's website and via email. All information will be published (summarized) also on this site.
Cancellation of lectures and tutorials at the premises of the Faculty
Cancellation of all lectures and tutorials on the premises of the Faculty: from 9 March until further notice. Lectures and tutorials are conducted in an adapted manner (see: MEASURES - adjustments to the pedagogical process implementation).
MEASURES - adjustments to the implementation of the teaching process
- The e-forms of teaching and learning, especially e-classroom, and the delivery of lectures and tutorials through online tools such as Arnes Vox, Zoom, etc. are used to deliver lectures and exercises. Students need to keep a close eye on the e-classroom and e-mail, where the lecturers will publish precise instructions for each course.
- When conducting lectures and tutorials with online tools, lecturers must follow the existing schedule in order to avoid overlapping of coursework.
- During the limitations of the pedagogical process, the examination and assessment of knowledge that requires the physical presence of students (presentation of seminars, midterm exams, etc.) is not performed.
- In the time of restrictions on the implementation of the pedagogical process, the adapted issuance of diploma certificates is carried out in undergraduate and master's study programs during the COVID-19 epidemic. The instructions of University of Primorska are available here.
Library schedule and contact services for students
- The library is closed from Monday, March 16, 2020 until until further notice. The material already borrowed will be extended accordingly.
- Student Contact Services (Student Services International Office, TeMeNa Library) are accessible to students exclusively by email.
- Other services of the faculty are available via e-mail for information. Please send your questions to email@example.com.
Decisions of the Senat of University of Primorska and Senat UP FAMNIT on adjustments of the pedagogical process in the academic year 2019/20
- The defense of the final works can be done remotely, with the help of appropriate IT tools (notice of 2nd April 2020),
- the student must register for the exam no later than the third (3) day before the scheduled exam date (for example: if the exam is on Monday, June 1, 2020, you can apply until Friday, May 29, 2020 until 24:00),
- the student must withdraw from the exam no later than two (2) days before the scheduled exam date (for example, if the exam is on Monday, June 1, 2020, you can withdraw no later than Saturday, May 30, 2020 until 24:00),
- the provision of paragraph 4 of Article 19 does not apply to this academic year: ''If the student fails to withdraw from the examination and does not attend the examination for no justifiable reason, they may register for and sit the examination no sooner than thirty (30) days following the examination date they failed to attend.'',
- the lecturer has a list of students registered for the exam available one (1) day before the exam,
- the exam assessor completes the student list with the written exam grades and the signature, he submit the list to the Student Services no later than ten (10) days after the exam date,
- the oral part of the exam must start no later than three (3) working days after the students are informed about the grades of the written part of the exam,
- an intervention measure to extend student status for enrollment in the 2020/21 academic year introduces the possibility of an additional year, regardless of whether the student has already repeated the year and / or has already used the option of extending the student status for justified reasons in accordance with the applicable third paragraph, Article 70 of the Higher Education Act. Guidelines for student status extension are available here.
- possible adjustments related to the compulsory practical training are also under consideration. This applies to study programs where the practical training is intended (still pending),
- the UP Senate adopted adjustments to the requirements for enrolling in a higher year for the 2019/20 academic year. The adjustments relates to study programs that currently stipulate that a student must earn at least 48 ECTS credits in order to enroll in a higher year, reducing the compulsory credit score to at least 42 ECTS credits. For the study programs in which it is stipulated that the student must earn at least 42 ECTS credits in order to enroll in a higher year, the provision remains unchanged (notice of 28th April 2020).
- Due to the COVID-19 epidemic, the deadlines related to the completion of the studies for the first and second cycle study programs are extended in the 2019/20 academic year, as follows:
- Deadline for submitting the application for the approval of the topic of the diploma thesis for the first cycle study programs: 10 July 2020;
- Deadline for submitting the diploma thesis for review to the supervisor for the study programs Biodiversity and Mediterranean Agriculture, first cycle 24 July 2020;
- Deadline for submitting the topic of the master's thesis, second cycle (the topic must be approved by the UP FAMNIT Senate): 30 June 2020;
- Deadline for submission of the final works (confirmed by the supervisor (mentor)) for the first and second cycle: 21 August 2020, whereby the thesis must be submitted at least 10 days before the defense.
- Due to the COVID-19 epidemic, foreign students who are enrolled in the 1st cycle study program in the 2019/20 academic year and have attended the course Slovene as a Second / Foreign Language A2 at UP FHŠ are allowed to take (pass) the exam until enrollment in the 3rd year. In the case of enrollment in a higher year according to the transfer criteria, until enrollment in the next higher year.
- Due to the COVID-19 epidemic, foreign students who are enrolled in the 2nd cycle study program in the 2019/20 academic year and have attended the course Slovene as a Second / Foreign Language A2 at UP FHŠ are allowed to take (pass) the exam no later than before the submission of the final thesis.
Announcements from the Student Services of UP FAMNIT
The announcements are published on the Faculty's website at: https://www.famnit.upr.si/en/subscriptions.
Important: Information on UP website
All relevant information on COVID-19 and related university activities is available on the website: https://www.upr.si/en/university/covid-19--up/.
PSYCHOLOGICAL FIRST AID: Hotline with our psychologists
We have established a hotline for all students and staff at UP who have found themselves in distress and would like to talk to our psychologists. The support is provided by the psychologists of the University of Primorska (UP IAM in UP FAMNIT) and Slovene Centre for Suicide Research.
You can talk to them daily, Monday to Sunday, from 10am to noon and from 5pm to 7pm.
PHONE NUMBER: 05/ 611 76 55
Important: The support is intended to provide psychological first aid and relief to the caller, unfortunately we do not provide psychotherapy or long term treatment. If (together with you) we recognize the need for such help, we will direct you to more appropriate treatment options.
More information, including the schedule of psychologists, additional support numbers and announced lectures are available at: https://www.upr.si/en/university/covid-19--up/psiholoska-podpora