MEASURES - adjustments to the implementation of the teaching process (from 9 March until further notice)print
On March 8, 2020, the University of Primorska adopted a measure to cancel direct pedagogical process from March 9 to March 20, 2020, based on the instruction of the ministry, National Institute of Public Health and the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Slovenia that it is necessary to take preventive actions and measures, adopted by a particular institution to adapt to the situation in a proportionate manner. The University of Primorska has decided to take this preventive measure after considering the information provided by all the aforementioned institutions and taking into account the fact that Italy is the largest outbreak of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) in Europe, and the University of Primorska has daily interaction with Italy.
On Thursday, March 12, 2020, an epidemic was declared in Slovenia due to the increasing number of cases of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) infections. Decision of the Government of the Republic of Slovenia prohibits the gathering of people in educational institutions and universities and independent higher education institutions from 16 to 29 March 2020, which does not include the preparation and implementation of certain parts of the distance teaching and scientific research work, which continues with appropriate adjustments at the discretion of the management of the institute.
The Government of the Republic of Slovenia, with a new Decree on temporary ban on gathering people in educational institutions, universities and independent higher education institutions, extended the ban on gathering people in educational institutions until further notice.
Because of this, the University has taken steps to familiarize students with the announcements made by the Student Services, notices on the Faculty's website and via email. All information will be published (summarized) also on this site.
Cancellation of lectures and tutorials at the premises of the Facultytop
Cancellation of all lectures and tutorials on the premises of the Faculty: from 9 March until further notice.
Lectures and tutorials are conducted in an adapted manner (see: MEASURES - adjustments to the pedagogical process implementation).
MEASURES - adjustments to the implementation of the teaching processtop
- The e-forms of teaching and learning, especially e-classroom, and the delivery of lectures and tutorials through online tools such as Arnes Vox, Zoom, etc. are used to deliver lectures and exercises. Students need to keep a close eye on the e-classroom and e-mail, where the lecturers will publish precise instructions for each course.
- When conducting lectures and tutorials with online tools, lecturers must follow the existing schedule in order to avoid overlapping of coursework.
- During the limitations of the pedagogical process, the examination and assessment of knowledge that requires the physical presence of students (presentation of seminars, midterm exams, etc.) is not performed.
- In the time of restriction of the pedagogical process, there is no defense of the theses.
Library schedule and contact services for studentstop
- The library is closed from Monday, March 16, 2020 until until further notice. The material already borrowed will be extended accordingly.
- Student Contact Services (Student Services International Office, TeMeNa Library) are accessible to students exclusively by email.
- Other specialist services of the faculty are available via e-mail for information. Please send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Announcements from The Student Services of UP FAMNITtop
The announcements are published on the Faculty's website at: https://www.famnit.upr.si/en/subscriptions.
IMPORTANT: Information on UP websitetop
All relevant information on COVID-19 and related university activities is available on the website: https://www.upr.si/en/university/covid-19--up/.